Book A Lesson
I offer private lessons from my home in Willesden Green, NW10. To enquire about or book a lesson send me an email; email@example.com, or contact me through my facebook page here. I have successfully taught hundreds of people to play guitar and enjoy teaching children and adults equally. I am thoroughly experienced teaching all ages and levels.
~BMus (Hons.) Popular Music Performance
~Level 6 Licentiate Diploma in Music Teaching [LRSL]
~BTEC ND Pop. Music Performance
~NSPCC Child Protection Awareness Programme
I have been teaching guitar privately since 2005, during which time I have also taught for companies and music services including the International Guitar Foundation (IGF), Ministry of Guitar, the Canned Performance Company, Key to Music, Dorset Music Service and The Rhythm Studio. I hold a full CRB Enhanced Disclosure certificate with The Rhythm Studio, and have also completed an NSPCC Child Protection Awareness certificate (viewable here).
As a tutor, I offer:
- A clear, structured learning approach with an emphasis on focus and setting goals
- All theory and technique to advanced levels
- Years of experience teaching all ages and levels across a full spectrum of styles and subjects
- Genuine enthusiasm for helping beginners take their first steps on the instrument
- Great with kids and firm believer that you're never too old to learn!
- 7 and 8-string fretboard orientation and extended range application lessons
- Relaxed, informal attitude and commitment to creating individual pathways to fulfil each students unique musical aspirations
In addition I provide:
- Style studies
- Songwriting and composition lessons (all modern styles - study of chord voicings, inversions and progressions, melody-to-harmony relations, transposing, superimposition and reharmonisation analysis and application etc etc)
- Technology lessons - using Garageband/Logic/Cubase to aid songwriting and record demos.
- Audition and examination preparation sessions
- Help with GCSE, A-Level and BTEC coursework
- Long-term mentoring and advice on further education/careers options